When making a property assessment and considering the structural strengths and weaknesses it is important you take the time to do it properly.
The property may have serious and costly issues that that could run into thousands of pounds to fix.
These are just a few of the questions that you should ask yourself before making the decision to put pen to paper:
• Are the foundations secure?
• Are there any structural internal faults which may get worse?
• Is the property damp?
• What is the water pressure like? Turn on the taps in the bathroom
• Has the boiler had a recent service? Check for a service sticker
• Do all the doors and windows open and close?
• Are there any cracks in the ceilings of any rooms?
• Does every room have a plug and a radiator?*
• Is the house capable of taking large or heavy furniture and what will it look like when it does so?
(* Radiators indicate central heating –some people have unwittingly bought houses that have no central heating and it wont come up on the survey if it isn’t there at all!)